Being the IT hub of India, Bangalore invites hundreds of students across the country as well as from foreign nations every year. It has some top-ranking colleges imparting world-class education to their learners, grooming them to hold admirable positions in their bright careers.
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is one of the most common programs students take up in the undergraduate colleges of Bangalore. It is a happening curriculum in the current era of technological advancement, alluring students with promising prospects. After mastering the subject, students can find placements in leading corporate firms with specialised skills in programming, data analysis, software development, and many more.
Of the many institutions that provides BCA as an undergraduate degree course, Presidency College is a leading name. This autonomous college has ranked #1 in India Today 2021 for its BCA program as it is equipped with cutting-edge infrastructure and highly qualified faculty. It is affiliated with Bangalore City University, with its programs approved and recognised by AICTE. Presidency College has earned an A+ grade from NAAC for its excellence, empowering students with international standard learning for decades. Continue reading to know the eligibility for BCA admission.
BCA is a 3-year undergraduate degree program, with the course curriculum split into 6 semesters. During the entire tenure, a student learns
1) Programming (C, Java, Python)
2) Database management systems
3) Media writing / Managerial economics
4) Data processing & analytics
5) Statistical methods & applications
6) Data structures
7) Object-oriented programming
8) Computer networks & operating systems
9) Computer assembly & repair
10) Artificial Intelligence
11) Web programming & algorithms
12) Cybercrime, law & IPR
13) Augmented & virtual realities
14) Mobile application development
15) Machine Learning
To pursue the program, students have to fulfil the following BCA admission criteria:
1) Aspirants should clear the PU or intermediate exams from a Secondary Education Board.
2) You can also apply if you have passed JODC or have a three-year engineering diploma issued by the state government (35% marks).
To apply to the BCA program at colleges in Bangalore, students have to submit the following documents:
1) 10th grade/ SSLC/ ICSE/ CBSE clearance certificates with date of birth proof
2) PUC or equivalent Marks Card
3) Transfer Certificate from the school/ college last attended
4) Conduct Certificate from the school/ college last attended
5) Migration Certificate in the case of students who have passed exams other than the Karnataka PU Exam
6) Address proof (latest telephone bill/ gas connection bill)
7) 6 passport-size photographs
If they meet the eligibility for BCA admission, candidates must apply for the course through the online application portal of their respective colleges. The general steps for completing the application process are:
1) Applicants must register on the portal by sharing their names and email addresses.
2) The site will send a link to their registered email ID, through which they have to log in and verify their digital details.
3) The college will use this verified email ID for all correspondence until the completion of enrolment.
4) The candidate must then fill the application form with their personal details, educational data, and other information required by the college.
5) After reviewing their application forms, applicants will be directed to the payment page, where they must pay the non-refundable application fee.
6) Applicants may pay the fee online or generate a challan for paying offline at the specified bank account.
7) With the completion of the fee payment, candidates can check their applications for the final time before submission.
8) They must click the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
BCA holds a promising future for students who master the skills and strive to become technologically adept. After pursuing this program, learners can move on to earn a master’s degree or opt for a lucrative position in a reputed IT company. If you think you meet the BCA admission criteria, apply to Presidency College today!
Research the college, familiarise yourself with the syllabus, speak respectfully and naturally, and frame answers to common questions about yourself, your aspirations, and your knowledge of computer science.
Presidency College shortlists eligible candidates, but students are admitted at the discretion of Bengaluru City University.
The department encourages them to use their computer skills to design posters and graphics and create videos for college events.
The students learn to use software like applications and programming languages, but they learn about hardware through the Computer Assembly and Repair course.